Have you experienced any of the following?
· Pushed or shoved you.
· Slapped, bit, kicked, choked or punched you.
· Thrown objects at you.
· Locked you out of the house or car.
· Abandoned you in a dangerous place.
· Refused you help when sick or injured.
· Threatened you with a weapon.
· Criticized you sexually.
· Withheld sex and affection as punishment.
· Forced sex with partner or others even if you are married.
· Forced unwanted sex acts
· Forced sex after beatings.
· Forced sex when you are sick.
· Accusations or assumptions that you are having sex with another.
· Name calling and put downs.
· Ignored your feelings.
· Ridiculed your valued beliefs.
· Kept you from working, made all the decisions.
· Refused to work or share money.
· Threatened to hurt you or your family.
· Punished or hurt the children when angry with you.
· Threatened to kidnap the children if you left.
· Abused animals.
· Isolated you from friends or family.
Sexual Assault is:
· A violent act, not out of sexual desire.
· Committed against your will.
· Done in order to control or humiliate.
· Involves the threat of force or the use of force.
If you are raped:
· Get to a safe place.
· Do not wash, douche, or change your clothes.
· Get medical attention immediately.
· Call 911 to report the crime. You have the right to use a pseudo-name.
· Call CADV for support or help.
Marriage cannot be used as a defense for sexual assault.
WAYS TO PROTECT A VICTIM
· Stalking/Harassment Order
· Temporary Protection Order (TPO)
· 911-Only Cell Phone Project
· Police Reports
· Safety Plan